Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Kerouac Never Did This...




...and probably for good reason.
The reason for all my trips 'on the road'?  Sales.


Sales.


Yeh, there is art, music, and plenty of soul searching, but for the most part, its all about sales.


I'm about 3 years late on this, so here is a quick 8 second overview:


I'm part of the beverage company Brain Toniq.
www.braintoniq.com

The herbal supplement that supports focus and concentration.
And in order for us to ever turn a profit and make a success of this company, we need to get our drink in people's mouths!
So we travel the country visiting our main customers educating about Brain Toniq.
We sell case stacks like there to stores and sample out to potential customers.  Not rocket science, but it works.






Life on the road, hotel living, can be grueling...but we get to meet interesting people, visit new cities, taste local food, and really get a chance to check out places we probably wouldn't otherwise ever see.


I'm writing this now from Birmingham, Alabama.  I'll spare you any Lynyrd Skynyrd references.  Its 5am.  Getting ready to drive 3 hours over to Atlanta for another week of demos...Im packed...Got my directions...Had a cup of tea...All set.
I even got my car mix CD burned and ready.  Yeh, I'm that dork who needs to make a playlist for pretty much every occasion.  "We're making burritos?!?!  I'll make a playlist!"


Here's my Dirty Delta South playlist:






I'll be catching up on my 'reviews' of this and that from each town, but before I forget, I want to throw in my two cents on the indoor climbing gym here in Birmingham, First Ave Rocks.
Not the best place to climb.  Although I am a bit spoiled from the gyms in Boulder, this place gets a deflated thumbs down.
First Ave Rocks is tiny.  Very tiny.  Hidden and tucked away within a garage, the place would have been better suited for your typical hipster cafe.  Dark dank lighting.  Aloof almost crabby staff.  Routes without footholds and poorly marked, First Ave Rocks does anything but.


Oh, also, believe it or not, the Birmingham Art Museum is actually pretty good.  My favorite piece was from an Italian painter I never heard heard of, Marino Marini.  His painting titled, Two Riders, was my favorite of the collection:




The Sheraton, where I'm staying isn't too shabby either.  All hotels begin to look and feel the same after a while.  But one aspect, or should I say person, that is worth staying here again for is David!  The friendliest heavy handed bartender from the sports pub down in the lobby.  Him and a surprisingly hot sauna in the fitness center just might be enough to make me consider staying here again when I hope to revisit this summer.


Ok...


On to Atlanta...

No comments:

Post a Comment